Oily skin is prone to acne. Almost everyone who has oily skin has battled pimples in their teens and early twenties. For many women, the problem continues and can often be hormonal as well.
Once a pimple settles, all is not well. More often then not, acne leave a scar that bothers you for a longer time than the acne did. So, what can you do to heal these acne scars? Here are a few tips that will help you get smooth and even skin, naturally.
1. Apply a mixture of equal parts of honey and lemon. Leave it as a mask for 10 minutes and wash off. Honey is antibacterial and prevents further growth of acne while lemon juice is a natural bleaching agent and lightens marks.
2. Massage your face with argan oil. Argan oil has a comedogenic rating of 0, which means it does not clog your pores. In fact, it nourishes the skin and prevents over production of oil, thus, keeping is fresh.
3. Boil some orange peels in water. Cool. Strain. Refrigerate. Use this as a toner. The essential oils in the orange peel help in lighten scars and marks, especially those left by pesky acne. This solution can stay in the fridge for upto 5 days.
4. Apply rosehip oil to regenerate skin cells and heal the marks. Rosehip oil also has anti aging properties and will keep your skin soft and supple. It is also effective in healing acne pits.
5. Lastly, and most importantly, do no scratch, poke of peel the skin on any acne marks. This makes them darker and the skin takes longer heal. This is an absolute NO NO!
Remember, acne or no acne, marks or no marks...you are a beautiful person!