We often see blog posts and videos about slathering coconut oil on our face to get rid of dryness. However, coconut oil is not the best oil to be applied on your face. Here are some reasons why you should rather be using a well formulated oil based serum instead of coconut oil.
1. Coconut oil is comedogenic. This means that it will surely clog your pores and result in acne, pimples or blackheads.
2. Coconut oil is slow in being absorbed by the skin. Hence, your skin will stay oily and sticky for a very long time.
3. An oily and sticky layer on your skin does not let it breathe and attracts dust and grime. This suffocates the skin and deteriorates its health.
4. It can be a task to use coconut oil during winters. Pure coconut oil will harden during winters, making it difficult to use.
5. Well, coconut oil is good - but for the the body, when it is craving oil. It is great for cracked heels and excessively dry skin during cold winter. But remember, it is good for the body, not for the face!
If you want to use oils on your face, Ethiko's Brightening Serum the ultimate formulation that will give you the glow and keep your skin nourished. Stick to healthy, well formulated products and do no experiment with coconut oil on your face!