Oily skinned beauties...read on to get some tips to fight acne!
- Crush a few mint leaves and apply it on acne and acne scars. This helps in reducing the swelling around acne and fading marks.
- Fade acne marks by applying a mixture of equal parts of lemon juice and rose water.
- Use products that do not contain alcohol. Alcohol based products dry the outermost layer of your skin which makes the deeper layers ‘think’ that it needs to produce more oil to compensate. This makes your skin even more oily and susceptible to acne.
- Deep clean using a clay mask. Follow it up with a good serum to close the pores.
- Do not scrub or exfoliate when you have active acne. That can result in a wound, which is open to bacteria, thus making the acne worse.
- Use a sulphate free face wash. It is best to use a cold processed soap that has beneficial essential oils.
- Use honey as a face wash. It has antibacterial properties and will clean your skin.
- If you have active acne, avoid make up. It clogs the pores and makes if worse. A clear skin is the best make up!
- If you have to use make up, close your pores using a primer made with argan oil or other non comedogenic oils. Ethiko’s Oil Control serum is perfect for this.
- Keep your face clean, but avoid washing it more than twice everyday.
Oily skin beauties…worry not…oily skin ensures that fine lines and wrinkles appear late in life!