Ethiko's Age Defying Serum is a favourite for many. We are often asked what home remedies work well in anti aging regimens.
So, we decided to share some simple tips, using things that are available in your kitchen to help you delay signs of aging like fine lines, wrinkles and pigmentation. All these tips work for all skin types, including acne prone and sensitive skin.
- Honey is a great humectant and is an ideal anti aging face wash. It hydrates your skin and has anti bacterial properties, which ensure that your skin is squeaky clean, yet supple.
- Turmeric works wonders to brighten the skin and has anti microbial properties as well. Mix a pinch of turmeric in one glass of water and use it to wash your face. Remember to rise off the turmeric water in order to avoid staining your towel. Too much of turmeric will give your skin a yellow colour, so, use only a pinch!
- Lemon acts as a natural bleach and even lightens the hair on your face. However, using pure lemon juice can irritate the skin. Hence, dilute one part of lemon juice with one part of water and use this as an astringent to tighten the pores and to get a glowing complexion.
- Orange peel is loaded with orange essential oil, which is an excellent anti aging ingredient in any skincare product. Soak the peel in water for 2 hours, strain the water and use it as an anti aging toner. You can also bottle it and refrigerate it; it will stay fresh for about 5 days in the fridge.
- Banana is a nourishing food, for the body and the skin and also makes a superb anti aging mask. Squash half a banana using a fork and mix with with one tablespoon of flour (any flour that is available). Apply this paste as a mask for 15 minutes and wash off to get fresh, glowing and supple skin.
Whether you are stuck at home because of the COVID threat, or whether it is a normal day when you are running between, these easy hacks that need less than 15 minutes can give you glowing skin, naturally!