Essential oil have smaller molecules when compared to carrier oils like almond and jojoba and thus, can penetrate deeper into the skin. There have been studies where traces of the essential oil are found in the blood stream after topical application, which proves that essential oils penetrate the layer of the skin. Hence, it is important to select the right essential oils, even more so when you are looking for an effective anti aging product.
Use of essential oils in anti aging creams and anti aging serums is common these days. Many formulations include certain oils only for the fragrance. However, Ethiko prioritises efficacy of its Anti Aging Serum over the sensorial appeal and hence, uses only those essential oils that benefit aging and mature skin.
Here are some of the essential oils that are added to Ethiko's Age Defying Serum:
1. Geranium: This oil was Cleoparta's beauty secret and is very good for mature skin. It improves hydration levels of the skin and keeps fine lines at bay.
2. Lemon: It is crucial for any anti aging cream/serum to have a citrus oil in order to fight blemishes and dark spots that appear due to pigmentation. Lemon is one of the best oils to address this problem in an anti aging cream/serum.
3. Lavender: Lavender oil is soothing and relaxing. It acts as an anti aging ingredient by increasing elasticity of the skin, thus, delaying wrinkles.
4. Rosemary: Rosemary oil is an anti oxidant and fight free radicals, helping the skin stay youthful and supple.
5. Frankincense: Frankincense oil is one of the best anti aging essential oils. It has astringent properties, which make the skin taut and reduce fine lines.
Theses oils, along with almond, jojoba, moringa and rosehip oil make Ethiko's Anti Aging Serum an extremely effective product and a must have in your skin care routine.